From global trademark registration to product infringement, we practice the intricacies of Ghanaian law for the protection of intellectual property more expertly than anyone.
Intellectual Property and International Trade
Founder and Managing Partner Felix Ntrakwah, a preeminent trademark litigation attorney, is a former Registrar of Trademarks, Companies, Patents and Designs. Trained in Intellectual Property Law in Sweden and the UK, under the fellowship of the World Intellectual Property Organisation, he was a member of the Committee of experts who drafted the model law on Trademarks for English-speaking Africa.
Under Felix and Abena’s leadership, the trademark and patent attorneys specialize in:
- Trademark registration, international and domestic
- Filing of patent applications
- Cases of trademark infringement before the Registrar of Trademarks and in the courts of Ghana
- Drafting book publishing and royalty agreements
- Collaboration with government agencies to seize and destroy counterfeits of our clients’ products brought into Ghana
Ghana IP and Copyright Infringement Attorneys
Other Ntrakwah & Company lawyers are also experts in intellectual property law—internationally, and within Ghana—with deep expertise in copyright infringements and trademarks.
Abena Ntrakwah-Mensah has extensive experience in trademark registration, filing of patent applications, and counterfeiting cases, while Kwadwo Ntrakwah studied Intellectual Property Law as part of his master’s program at the University of Exeter.
Ntrakwah & Co. is the winner of the Acquisition International 2015 M&A “Ghana & Best for Intellectual Property – Corporate Law Firm of the Year” Award.